November 29, 2011

spreading cheer

My Christmas cheer is almost being spread throughout the house. How fun it is to have a house to decorate for Christmas! Although my decorations seemed much grander in small apartments. 

For me personally, I love having all the ornaments my kids made in preschool and Kindergarten on my tree. I love unwrapping and hanging up that bell we got with our friends at Disneyland and the one from our first Christmas 8 years ago. I love the vintage glass ornaments I found at a thrift store last year. And even the disco balls I bought in my single days. I think there can be a place for everything and still be beautiful. I think the secret to this is a lot of color and a large chunk of similar ornaments. Plus a lot of layering. Maybe someday I will want a giant tree decked out to the max but I hope to always use every ornament we have, even if that means 2 trees. 


I also like to put unexpected things in my tree. I always have a wooden believe sign in it. This year I also have a plate and a giant block that says joy. {I will get some pictures in the day time for you} I think it adds to the fun. And I love our tree and so do the kids which is really what it's all about.
I am almost done with everything, but until then here is another little peek.


I love this time of year!

1 comment:

  1. I agree Amber. My oldest is 19 and my favorite decoration is the nativity set she made from clothespins in preschool. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...