July 14, 2011

equilibrium

I am in love with Joanna's balance series. I'm new at this and summer is in full swing with trips, company and lots of chalk. The painting, projects and emails seem to be creeping up on me. This has helped give me perspective and let me close my office door so I will have to make a more conscious decision to open it and get sucked into my computer. When I should be focused on those three crazies of mine! You should really check it out. 

I also really love Lindsay's Supermom Series. She really had some great guests. I'm hoping she keeps them coming every year. I think my favorites are from Stephanie and NieNie.


At the end of the day with a messy house I have been feeling frazzled. I think I need to stay focused on the little things. And spend my time more wisely. What's been saving my days lately is the light nights that make my kids sleep in until 9 most mornings. I wake up just before 6 and empty the dishwasher, start laundry and get going on my day. What I need to be better at is getting myself ready before my kids wake up. When I make sure to do this my days always go smoother.
I am trying hard to enjoy these moments I have with my beautiful children while they last. All too soon there will be bigger worries than them being deathly afraid of bees and butterflies {yes butterflies}. The days of pretending to be caterpillars, cloud watching and bear hunts are fleeting. And I am so thankful to have this little life of mine.

I still need to find my balance. It's looking up though! It was probably easier when I worked outside the home. With all the distractions here, there is also a lot of joy. In my children and joy in starting something I've been dreaming of for years. So in balancing I might not get as much sleep but, I think priorities will be lined up from the start. Not that I won't need to keep them in check.
Wouldn't it be hard for you to stay away from these three?


And yes this girls room is still on it's way. Who knew that last 10% would be so important when you are documenting it for more than your husband to see. It's close though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...