August 8, 2011

amber 101

With over 50 posts here I'm not sure anyone really knows me yet. So I thought I would give you a little rundown on myself.




  • I first was interested in interior design when I was in high school and asked my mom if I could paint my large wall with black chalkboard paint. And of course there was my leopard print bedding. Which I fear has scared me off of leopard print ever since. The real obsession started when I first walked into Ikea and grew while watching trading spaces. Luckily my style has been refined a bit over the years.
  • I used to be a pretty darn good dancer. I can say that with humility because I am probably not a pretty darn good dancer currently. I moved to LA from Boise 4 days after high school graduation to go to a dance performing arts center. My husband got a kick out of saying he was dating a dancer from Hollywood back in the day.
  • Due to all the dancing and mad flexibility I have trouble sitting like a normal person. {Currently my knees are leaning on the desk while I type} It's starting to be a problem now that I am almost 30 and should ideally be a good example to my children. I also squat a lot when doing projects on the ground. So there's a pretty good chance I will need my knees replaced someday.
  • I look and sound 17. Sometimes people ask for my mom or dad when I answer the phone.
  • I am one of the world's best servers. I waited tables for a good 11 years of my life. And if I do anything I am going to do my best at it. Which also means that I am a good tipper but only if they earn it. 
  • I'm kind of a loser. And I guess I'm comfortable with that. I used to be fun though. We need to make an effort to have more couple friends in Boise.
  • I am not a naturally clean person. If I start working on a project my house really suffers. I am getting better at this but it takes a lot of effort. I dream of having a cleaning lady someday. Just twice a month or something. I am also insecure about anyone seeing my house at all messy. But after three kids I am starting to realize that my life is just a little messy right now and so is other people's.
  • I love fabric and used to sell it on Etsy when we still lived in California. Which brings up the fact that I had 3-5 jobs at a time pretty much the whole time we lived in Cali. It's expensive there people!
  • If there was a way to make a job out of quoting Friends, I would be a rich lady. 
  • I remember EVERYTHING. Right, honey?
  • I will always be able to do the splits, always. However, I am not very good at walking. Or going down the stairs. I am super clumsy.
  • The best pen in the world is the Paper Mate Profile. Amen.
  • I love Zooey Deschanel and her band She and Him. 
  • I like to make up new lyrics to songs and sing them to my kids. I've always done this in fact. My favorite from high school is a very lively rendition to "Part of Your World" from the Little Mermaid called "The Bust Song". It's pretty good!You know you want to hear it!
  • I'm addicted to Craigslist. And I am convinced I could find a way to make a pretty decent living off of it if I applied myself.
  • I've seen Wicked 7 times.
  • I lika do da cha cha {I couldn't resist}
  • My favorite show is Project Runway. I do love HGTV too. I try to not watch a lot of new programming so I don't get interested and watch the whole series. Isn't that lame!? But that way I save a lot of time. 
  •  My husband and I dated for 2 years, which is like 5 in Mormon years!
  • One of my favorite things to do is recreate our favorite foods from California. I make the Melrose salad and carrot mashed potatoes form Lala's, BBQ Chop from Stonefire, Pizza and Potato Leek soup from California Pizza Grill and I can also mix up some Red Lobster biscuits Thanks to my sister in law's awesome food blog
Probably enough about me. What about you?

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the shout out. There wasn't anything on there I didn't already know. You can add a great mom that has lots of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love u Amber & don't think ur a loser! U have tons of friends there just in expensive California. U forgot to mention u have crazy talents in the kitchen & make adorable hair things & love going to Target late nights with ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! you weren't a pretty darn good dancer, you were AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...