March 7, 2012

campaign lacks and 30 by 30

I slept in until 7:15 this morning. Ahh, I rarely sleep past 6:00 over here. It was a nice morning. I wanted to share my lack hack with you. This is probably not a big surprise but I went with the campaign side tables. And I am obsessed with them! I love them so much.


 The hardest part was finding the brass corners locally. But after many trips to different hardware stores I was in business. Note: Lowes does not have them, home depot does. And you need 8 corners per lack side table. Four on top, four on bottom. The best part is they aren't much, the cost of both side tables and hardware was under $25. Not too shabby.

I am playing around with the styling of everything still, including my cute new pillows. I love them too. They will be even better once I change out the polyester pillow form for a down form. But they tie in all the colors of the room and for that I am happy. Here is some more playing.


Too much light but you get the idea :) The coral pillow is one of the ones I sewed a few weeks ago. The other ones were a birthday present. I have more pillows on my list. 

Speaking of my list, I've decided to self impose a challenge on myself. I'm thinking 30 projects by 30. I turn 30 in about 6 weeks. 30 by 30 seems fitting, especially because it seems my husband is planning some type of whoopla. I'm not sure what it is but I want to look fancy if people are going to be say hiding in my closets or coming to my house for dinner. Who knows what he has up his sleeve.

So, lets start the list:
1. coral pillow
2. campaign side tables
3...............

I better get started!


11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, I hoped on over here and I love your blog! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks GORGEOUS Amber! Great job!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so good!! Happy to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!! It's just what they needed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amber! Thanks for popping over and saying hi. You have a wonderful blog - I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tables! And I love your 30 by 30 idea too! I missed the bus on that one, I'll be 31 this year, haha maybe I can try 31 by 31??

    Thanks for sharing where you found that awesome hardware, I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I'm doing this project too and I was just at home depot today actually and asked about the corners and the guy told me they didn't have them. Do you happen to remember what section you found them in? Also, I'd love to know what size you used. There's several different kinds on amazon and I don't want to get the wrong size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I'm sorry you are having trouble. I found them by the hardware but I had to have help finding them. And some people didn't know what they were. So I would ask a few workers. I thought I took a picture of the box but I didn't. My brass corners are 1.5 inches on each side. Hope that helps! I really love my tables and I know you will too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Amber! I'll try again with home depot

      -Ashley

      Delete
  8. Cute! Your living room looks adorable, I would love to see the rest of your house.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...