April 20, 2012

catching up

I feel like I have been playing catch up this week! Hopefully this weekend I can get all caught up and feel back to normal {and get over this little annoying cold too!}. It's been one busy, hectic week. But all in all a good week so that's a relief.

I have been busy working on a few client projects and my projects as well. I have been doing a lot of shopping for the playhouse I am working on and stumbled upon the cutest teacup set and teapot at One Kings Lane.
Aren't they cute? And just $16 for the set of 6 cups and saucers! This playhouse is going to be tricked out :)

How about another project of mine?

I wanted to do a large pin board for my office. I really liked this one from Courtney Hill via decorpad.


But I already had two large cork boards to work with. I also really like Bryn's boards from her office. Plus, there is going to be a lot of pattern in the room eventually so I wanted to keep the fabric simple.


I used the same method from the bulletin boards in my daughters room for these. But I wanted to add some nail head trim to them. Nail head is expensive if you do not buy it online. But I was in the zone and wanted them to be done immediately so I trudged off to Home Depot anyway. I found brass thumbtacks right next to the nail head. And I thought why not use these instead. Which coincidentally took up more time because I had to go search for more thumb tacks at more stores. I need to learn to just hit up the next Home Depot instead of trying Lowes and Walmart. Didn't I learn this while searching for the brass corners!? Go to the original source and it will save you time in the end.
 
Are you still reading? 
 
Well, I haven't hung these yet but here they are in all their glory.
 

 
 I love how the thumbtacks turned out. They are not prefect and I just used my finger to space them apart. I love that it is easy to make little adjustments as needed. Now I just need to hang them during my weekend catch up! I hope you have a nice weekend, whether it's relaxing or productive!
 

7 comments:

  1. Wow I love the pin board!! You'd never know they were thumb stacks! I love it! Oooo that tea set is adorable!! I wish I had the room to buy it! =)

    Lemanie's Randomness Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out really great! I love them. Have a great weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tea set is too cute! If I had a daughter I would total,y buy her one. And I love the pin board, great idea! I love your blog, I'm your newest follower.

    Mckae
    kaescornerdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the thumb tack wall boards! You are so creative. I really think we need to hang out more often!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how these turned out! Great idea to use the thumbtacks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...